DB2 DBA - Secret Clearance
Duration: 6-12+ month contract
Location: Cambridge, MA
Current Secret preferred; clearance US Citizenship required.
DB2 DBA to maintain the current set of DB2 databases (Developer Test, Production Test, and Production) of a medium sized system. DB2 DBA will review the current load profile and provide solutions for any issues found. DBA to ensure Commvault restores and regular reloads of production down to the test databases. Once the DBA is proficient with the current system; planning for migration from DB2 to another relational system will begin.
- BS or MS in computer science or a related discipline
- 10 years’ experience
- Clearance US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Demonstrated skill and experience with:
- DB2 administration (data cleaning, migration, optimization, license management, etc.)
- Migrating production databases; assuring uptime and capability
- Excellent attention to detail & careful adherence to procedures.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Relational, NoSQL, and /or Graph databases
- Experience with Laravel / Lumen, or relevant PHP framework
- Experience with Commvault database (DB2, Cassandra) backups
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools including Jira & Confluence
- Current Secret clearance
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Execute database configuration and performance tuning
- Monitor system details within the database environment, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
- Leads or participates in process improvement and acts as a catalyst for change.